The Zoom at School program is currently suspended.
We wanted to make your life just a little bit easier. So now, students in third grade or older can have their OGRS reading session during the school day, at their school, via Zoom!
How would Zoom at School work?
- A parent presents a request for the service to their student’s school and arranges days and times. The student would need a quiet place with a desk or table, a laptop, and headphones. The request may be accommodated under the student’s IEP, 504 or other learning plan, if applicable.
- A parent or other adult who can troubleshoot computer issues goes to the first session to make sure that the student has what they need and is set up and knows how to sign onto Zoom.
- Student shows up at the appointed place and time with paper and dark pen. No other materials will be needed at the session. The Word Book can stay at home for Practice Work
- We send a packet of Practice Work materials to the family after the first session.
- Practice Work assignments for the week will be emailed to the parent. Parent(s) must do this Practice Work with their student each day they do not have a session.
- All assessments, conferences and progress updates with Reading Specialists will occur as usual, and the normal scheduling policies will apply.
A standard Reading Specialist session is 55-minutes long. But since each school has a different period schedule, please contact us for different time frames and tuition rates.